Yes, it’s true that women make their first decision from your profile picture so it’s one of the most important parts of online dating. A good profile pic is essential to “make or break” your whole online dating game and as it is said that a picture is worth a thousand words but when we talk about online dating profile picture it is worth much more. To get more attention one should stand out or make an unforgettable first impression. But an, unfortunately, majority of people who join dating sites to find partners fail miserably in it. So, what makes a good online dating picture? What are the things to keep in mind when posting a picture on an Online Dating Site?
Regardless of how attractive, you are? what message you send first? what cool hobbies you have listed? or what an amazing job you do? or how many times you have traveled to Costa Rica and been surfing in the ocean!
It can all go useless if you don’t have an attractive profile picture – which help you make girls fall in love with your first look!
But what if you are not good looking?
Look, this is a BIG myth, the fact that you don’t KNOW how to actually pose for a photograph or how you pick a profile photo that will boost your looks. If this is your case then here are some amazing tips that will help you take a better snap next time:
How to Pose:-
- Always take a picture of angles rather than fancy posting. Believe it or not, but photo taken from angle are more attractive than posting. I am not a photogenic but with time, I have learned how to pose and what angles I needed to adjust myself and it helped look literally 100 times better!
- Never pose your face directly at camera unless you have a large nose.
- If you are large in size(fat) then never post your full body picture rather consider posting head and shoulder photo. or if you choose to post a full-size photo than always position your body at a 45-degree angle, do not positioning your body directly face on! Even the slimmest person can go up two whole dress sizes when they do this.
- If you have a black skin or too many wrinkles then try snapping photos with a high focus camera or in a low softly lit setting, preferably candle or so.
- If you have a large nose, then tilt your head up slightly as this makes your nose appear smaller than it actually is. Also, in this case, you should aim to look directly at the camera ( if you nose is really large that is).
- If you have a double chin or weak jaw, then extend your neck towards the camera, which will help avoid a double chin and will accentuate your jaw line
Look at your current photo you have on your profile, and if you don’t have one yet, then look at the photos you have been considering to upload onto your profile. What do they say about you? Do they express how happy you are, and that you are a busy person? OR, do they give an illusion that you spends too much time in front of their computer? Do they say that you’re a fake? Do they send the message that you are trying too hard? Ask these exact questions and be completely honest with yourself. Ask yourself this: “Could I have a better photo than the one I have already?”
“The answer will probably be “YES”
Common Photo Mistakes:-
While doing a research on this topic, I found many mistakes a man makes in common.
- Loner pic – Many guys have photos of themselves taken from their computer or phone camera. You can even see the screen of their laptop glaring in the reflection of their eyes or glasses.
- The Fakers photo – Some guys try to have a professional picture taken in a professional studio, as a result, it looks tacky or fake, even though you are considered to be a really handsome man, a modelling picture raises a girl’s suspicions in thinking that you are not real.
- Invisible man pics – I have seen a lot of guys upload photos of themselves doing some amazingly cool stuff such as surfing, skydiving, BUT nearly every time, those photos have been taken from a long distance, or their faces will be almost completely unseen. This kinda pic gives a suspicious feeling when they put their face on their profile pics. Although the settings of his photo might be impressive, the fact we cannot see his face over shadows the fact that he is trying to convey what a fun and active lifestyle he is leading. Save this kind of photos for your online album, which she will inevitably look at once she’s impressed with your profile picture, your profile and, of course, the message you would have sent.
What Makes A Killer Profile Pic:-
- Activity Pics – Keep a photo of yourself enjoying at a beach or at a party, have a photo of yourself enjoying your favorite hobby then make sure you have your face clearly on display.
- Social Life Supremacy – A photo of you with your family or friend, this can include a girls or even boys – a photo of you with a whole group enjoying at the party is the best, just keep in mind that you need to show that you have a great social life.
- Pet lover – A photo with your pets Whether it is a pet dog or cat, or something more exotic like a lion or an elephant. This is something girls usually warm to, and it conveys a more sensitive side to your personality. Seeing a man with an animal can be very attractive. I stand by the fact that a man with a puppy dog generates more attention from women than a man with an Aston Martin ( I have actually put this theory to the test).
- Holiday Fun Pics – A photo of you on holiday, if you have a photo of you standing next to a famous or iconic attraction, then use that photo.This is far more interesting than just some random picture of you on a generic beach somewhere. A holiday picture sends the message that you enjoy travelling and exploring. Also, If you have any photos of you in unusual or exotic locations such as the jungle, the amazon, safari, the desert, or the arctic then PLEASE include them.
All these photos can make an interesting conversational hook. Often women will look through a guys photo album, and find nothing that will provoke them into asking him a question. Think about it, what can you really ask a guy who has just photos of him and his mates in a bar, or just photos of him on his own, smiling? It says ZERO about who you are and provides ZERO conversation hooks.
The suggestions I have made above, will provide her with plenty of things to ask you about, and will increase your level of attractiveness.
Image courtesy of photo stock at freedigitalphotos.net