First Date is all about making an emotional connection with another person. Emotionally-aware about how people focus on discussing topics that cause the other person to have a positive experience. Often, this means showing interest in the other person, their interests, achievements, likes and dislikes.
First golden rule of best date is that listen as much or more than you talk. Some people have expertise in communication because they can talk endlessly. So keep in mind conversation will be great if an effort is done by both side, otherwise, there is no scope to be a better result.
Usually on first dates, I talk about books, music, movies, art, games, politics, history, sexuality, and personal experiences. We might compare our preferences for arguing about literary criticism or trade stories about childhood or debate a local referendum. I don’t believe in the old adages about banning certain topics from first dates.
Certainly there are few rules you should follow on the first date.
- What would you do with your time if you could afford to quit your job?
- Tell me about a gift you’ll never forget.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
- If you had one day to live over again, which day would you pick?
- If you could instantly learn any skill, what would it be?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- What’s the best question anyone’s ever asked you?
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- If you could be any kind of animal, which kind would you be?
- Describe a perfect Saturday.
- If you were stuck on an island forever, with just unlimited fresh water and nothing else, what other three beverages would you want to have?
- If you could call yourself 5 years ago and had 30 seconds, what would you say?
Getting to know someone new is like peeling an onion one thin layer at the time. It’s a slow, safe, simple and steady process. Great communication starts with being genuinely interested in the individual you’re with and paying close attention to what he/she says.
So intelligent people talk about normal, get-to-know-you type things on a first date, because just like people who don’t consider themselves intellectuals, they need to get to know each other first.